ABOUT THE NEWLY INSTITUTE
We believe that mental health treatment is in drastic need of a paradigm shift, and our practice was founded to provide long-lasting change within this industry, our community, and with our patients.
The Newly Institute aims to be Canada’s largest operator of the most advanced network of medically assisted psychotherapy clinics and Canada’s only medically assisted Intense Outpatient Programs.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As part of the interdisciplinary team, reporting to the VP, Clinical Operations, you will be working with
different cohorts of clients for a minimum of 4-weeks, program dependent.
We are looking for a Registered Psychologist for The Newly. Using a bio-psycho-social-spiritual treatment
model in combination with medical-assisted therapies, clients may overcome deeply embedded traumas
that prevent them from living fully in their everyday lives.
Clients’ level of treatment at the clinic is dependent on which program they are in, but includes: individual therapy with ketamine treatment, and may include psychoeducation classes, trauma sensitive yoga, trauma sensitive drumming, artistic
therapy, and occupational therapy.
The programs are designed to provide intensive and short-term therapy. Client population includes adults across various occupations with an emphasis on treating first responders.
• Provide individual trauma therapy utilizing EMDR and or ART
• Effective assessment of client status
• Facilitate psychoeducation groups (Based on ACT, Sleep Education, DBT Skills, Mindfulness,
and Family Support)
• Conduct WCB assessments for Traumatic Psychological Injury Screens
• Assist in grounding and reflection post psychopharmacological treatment
• Work collaboratively with other therapists by sharing a client caseload, as we provide
an innovative model of therapy working closely together
• Participate in weekly case consultation with an interdisciplinary team
• Ensure timely completion of session notes and provide reporting to third parties and community
• Participate in mental health promotion activities and contribute to establishing and maintaining
mental health and addictions community resources
• Psychologist (Masters level or PhD prepared)
• All professionals must be Registered and in good standing with their College.
• 5 year experience in mental health dealing with trauma.
Training in trauma informed practices which include:
• Accelerated Resolution Therapy
• Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
• Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Insomnia
• Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
• Prolonged Exposure Therapy
• Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy
• Cognitive Processing Therapy
• Trauma Informed Yoga
• Emotional focused Therapy
• Staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination
upon hire or provide a valid medical exemption.