ABOUT THE NEWLY INSTITUTE
We believe that mental health treatment is in drastic need of a paradigm shift, and our practice was founded to provide long-lasting change within this industry, our community, and with our patients.
The Newly Institute aims to be Canada’s largest operator of the most advanced network of medically-assisted psychotherapy clinics and Canada’s only medically assisted Intense Outpatient Programs.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As part of the interdisciplinary team, reporting to the VP, Clinical Operations, you will be working with
different cohorts of clients for a minimum of 4-weeks, program dependent.
The Kinesiologist is key to
setting clients up for success in the future and facilitating engagement in daily functioning.
• Perform biomechanical, fitness, and functional assessments of clients who have suffered a soft tissue injury.
• Design, implement and supervise graded exercise, work conditioning and/or work hardening programs at the Newly Institute.
• Perform bi-weekly reassessment of client progress through functional testing and other physical assessment strategies.
• Assist the treating clinician with return-to-work planning.
• Ensure the gym area is presentable, organized and free of obvious safety hazards.
• Record functional and subjective findings in client charts on a regular basis to document progress.
• Work cooperatively with clients to set and achieve functional RTW goals.
• Work cooperatively with all members of the RTW team to ultimately ensure successful RTW.
• Conduct group orientation, education lectures, and regular one-on-one education to clients.
• Complete functional components of reports for initial, progress and discharge for RTW purposes.
• Conduct on-site visits with clients and employers to support a graduated RTW plan.
• Implement return to work plans with clients and employers to ensure a successful RTW.
• Be a graduate of a University Kinesiology program.
• Be eligible to register with the Alberta College of Kinesiologists (AKA).
• 1-2 years of clinical experience is considered a strong asset.
• Experience with WCB assessments and RTW programs considered a strong asset specifically
Traumatic Psychological Injury Programs.
• Have excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
• Be comfortable working collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team of healthcare professionals.
• Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Be empathetic with an effective ability to build rapport with clients in a clinic/gym setting.
• Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Be able to work both independently and as part of a team, and to facilitate our clients’ needs by exceeding their goals.
• Staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination
upon hire or provide a valid medical exemption.